Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Metal Swan























In honor of one of my anticipated films of the year, Black Swan, here is my visual interpretation of Black Swan, if it was made in a black metal context. I did this drawing 2 months ago and the more I let the lines flow, the more involved I got into finishing the piece.
Some of the most powerful black metal albums that I've listened to this year, such as Krieg's The Isolationist (here's an interesting interview with Krieg mainman Neil Imperial) and Agalloch's Marrow of the Spirit, reflect on the dark side of humanity, and how we are drifting towards our own self-imposed self destruction. Self destruction is a major theme in Black Swan, and I felt a connection between the film and black metal as a genre.
Some of you might even be familiar with ballet's connections with extreme metal in the past.




No comments:

Post a Comment